INNOVATION: A MODERN SOLUTION FOR TODAY'S HEALTHCARE CLIMATE
The Stepscan® system is comprised of innovative hardware and sophisticated software. 2' x 2' interlocking electronic floor tiles can be configured according to need – from a single tile to a full floor – creating an expandable, customizable measurement platform.
Some key advantages of our system include:
- High density sensor placement (5 mm) coupled with our 100 HZ scan rate (min.) provides accurate and reliable data at an unprecedented level of detail.
- Expandable and customizable sizing, offering up to 400 sq. feet of measurement volume.
- Unrestrictive and unobtrusive design: the expandability allows human gait to be recorded naturally, in any direction, adding a new dimension to gait analysis.
- Medical grade precision and accuracy with no on-site calibration required.
- Thorough measurements: temporal, spatial, and plantar pressure measurements, as well as balance statistics are all measured by a single device.
- Measures barefoot and shod subjects and can also capture the pressure being exerted by other objects (i.e. assistive devices such as canes).
- Medical-grade system that is registered as a Class I medical device with the U.S. FDA and Health Canada.
The Stepscan® features of accuracy, repeatability and large volume measurement area are changing the landscape of gait analysis.
Quality: The Stepscan Guarantee
We are confident in our quality and longevity.
Stepscan® is the first gait/plantar pressure measurement device (PMD) to be designed and engineered to meet international technical performance standards for medical PMDs. We are proud to be one of only two brands worldwide - and the only one in North America - that meets these standards.
To learn more about this important work and to download a copy of the standards, click here.
This means that Stepscan® is one of the very few systems on the market that provide repeatable, accurate measures in a clinical setting. In short, Stepscan® is reliable.
The unfortunate thing about traditional sensor technology used for measuring gait, is that the sensors degrade with use. This results in calibration drift and loss of sensitivity over time; sometimes within as little as 6 months.
By contrast, durability testing of Stepscan® sensors has shown that our tiles can withstand:
- 3,600 patient visits (approx. 3.5 years) with no calibration drift, and;
- 5 years of use with no sensor degradation.
So confident, that we guarantee it.
Stepscan® is so confident in our product that we built our Brand Promise and Brand Promise Guarantee around it.
Our Brand Promise
Most accurate and durable gait/plantar pressure measuring system on the market.
Our Brand Guarantee
If a tile fails, we will ship you a new one right away, for free.
That's our guarantee to you: high quality product, minimal downtime, and low maintenance costs.
Want to learn more?
If a product you are buying is intended to be used to screen, assess, diagnose or treat patients, by law it is considered a medical device. Therefore, the product must be registered with the appropriate regulatory body.
Due to its low risk level, Stepscan® is deemed a Class I medical device and is presently registered with Health Canada and the United States Food and Drug Administration. Regulatory compliance is managed and monitored by the Stepscan® quality management team to ensure compliance with the regulatory standards of these bodies.
Health Canada Medical Devices Regulations (SOR/98-282)
United States FDA Code of Federal Regulations, Title 21 CFR Parts 800-1299
Other Industry Quality Standards: i-FAB Standards
In 2010, a leading researcher in the field of gait and biomechanics produced a peer-reviewed report comparing commercially available gait/plantar pressure measuring devices for accuracy, precision and reliability. The results were poor with some devices being labelled “technically appalling”.
This led to the formation of a new body called the International Foot and Ankle Biomechanics group (i-FAB). This body developed and presented a set of technical performance standards to the manufacturers of plantar pressure analysis devices intended for use in medical research and clinical assessments.
Stepscan® is the first medical PMD to be designed and engineered to meet these standards.
Want to learn more about this important work?
WANT TO SEE STEPSCAN IN ACTION?
Interested in learning more?
Talk to a Stepscan Product Specialist to discuss your specific needs and to see what Stepscan can do for you.